Monday, December 19, 2011

Nearing the end of 2011

Well, I've only posted once this year, back in January. I've been unable to eliminate many unwanted posts and links on the Facebook page, so I'm going to go back to just using this site in the future.

I finally finished the last cross stitch project which is now framed and looks great. However, I'm so tired of that kind of work that I've begun a new project learning "crewel" embroidery. So far so good.

Sam has put together a Christmas letter which will go out via email very soon with details of our travels this year. I've also found a funny Christmas video I've shared as well.

Our book club is going with the 5 of us left here in Yavapai Hills in Prescott. They are such a fun group - our last meeting was last Friday and we didn't break it up until Sam called at 5:22 pm! We start at 1:30. Our last read was "Mistress of Nothing" which took back to Egypt again, in the 1800s. A fascinating read.

I was "blocked" most of the year as far as drawing or painting anything. I did a few things, but I seem to suffer from sensory overload when I look through all the pictures I've taken. I think I really need to be back in a class again. Maybe this spring at the local community college.

I'll post a few of the more decent of my efforts.

Until next time, then, have a great holiday season and a wonderful year to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment